DMI Feature Friday – Kailey Mathis

This week’s DMI “Feature Friday” takes a look into the life of a dedicated senior, Kailey Mathis. Kailey is one of our audio engineering students here at the DMI. Kailey was asked a series of questions to see how her final year of college is going. KMathis

1. Question: How is your senior year going?“My senior year is going great. It’s going by SUPER fast. I literally feel like I just enrolled to be a student here at DSU and now my time here is coming to an end. Now I know what everyone was talking about when they said enjoy your time in college, because it goes by quickly and then you are out in the “real world.”
  2. Question: What are you working on this semester?“The biggest project I am currently working on is the recording of my first EP. It will feature 5 or 6 original songs and will hopefully be available to the public in December. When you play a CD in your car or stream a song, you never really think about how much time, money, and energy goes into the making of that CD and all of its contents. This has definitely been a fun project and a great learning experience. I am very excited to share my songs with everyone!”
  3. Question: What do you like to do when you aren’t making music?“With school keeping me so busy, I suppose I’ve become accustomed to always doing something, so during my time away from school and music, I entertain myself with many different hobbies. Whenever I have the time, I like to go on weekend trips to the beach, where my family and I go scuba diving. I have always loved the ocean and have been fascinated with all of the beautiful life within – it is truly a sight to behold. I enjoy painting with watercolors and attempting to recreate Bob Ross paintings with my grandmother. I also enjoy ceramics and making different styles of pottery both functional and decorative. I love making special ceramic pieces that are customized for each person in some way, giving the pottery to that person as a random gift, and watching their faces light up with joy. When I am tired of doing all of those things, I like to just curl up on the couch with a warm blanket and watch Netflix.”Keep up with Kailey and be on the look out for her first EP.

https://www.facebook.com/kaileymathismusic/

Like Kailey, all of our students are working hard to finish their projects as the semester is coming to an end. Stay tuned for more!